The pre-game is where you get your mind right for the upcoming workout.
- Don’t think about it all day long and obsess over it.
- Commit to your training. Make a schedule, stick to it and walk through the door.
- Getting scared or worrying is not a good long-term approach.
- Don’t obsess over your score, the prescribed (Rx) weight or your results.
- Do the training for the practice. Enjoy the practice, not the result.
- Be aware of your physical condition and back off if you’re tired, injured or sick.
You’re in it now and the best way out is through. Follow these tips to get the most out of your WOD (Workout Of the Day).
- Stay calm and work out.
- Do every rep correctly and count each one. Quality is MUCH better than quantity so don’t get hung up on times and weights.
- Every day is different. Work with what you have that day and realize that you won’t be setting a record every day.
- Honor yourself and your competitor. Give them your best so that they might find theirs.
- Cheating dishonors you and everyone involved in your life.
Job well done! Here’s what you should do now.
- BS with your friends.
- Write your score down.
- Nobody cares what you got and they’ll forget your posted times as soon as they leave the gym.
- Everyone cares if you cheated and will remember that long after they leave the gym.
- Go home and eat some good quality Paleo.