If you have not yet signed up for the Games click on the link and do so!
The Games start next Thursday the 22nd.
Eat Frequent Meals:
Many of the benefits of this have already been covered. Eat meals every 2-3 hours. All meals should contain protein and some form of carbohydrate. The types of carbs which are best were covered in the previous section. Meals that are not close to the workout period should contain small amounts of good fats. It is also a good idea to snack on low-calorie and/or high fiber fruits & vegetables throughout most of the day.
- Eat sufficient protein. Again 1 g/lb is a good rule to go by.
- Drink enough water. Even mild dehydration can significantly reduce metabolism & performance.
- Eat lots of fruits & vegetable.
- Remember to get post workout nutrition as soon as possible.
- Heavier, starchy carbs are best following a workout.
- Metabolic rate is highly modifiable. Eating more and burning more overall calories (through diet and exercise) is preferable to eating less and burning less.
A cheat meal once per week is perfectly acceptable. It is important, though, to cheat with food types, rather than excess calories. This means that you can have some chips, some sweets, or some beer. But you still need to stay within the same calorie ranges. Binging with 4000 extra calories of junk food can cancel out several days-worth of hard work.
However, if you do not feel the need, or do not want to eat cheat foods, then it is fine to stay on your diet 7 days per week. Any benefits of a cheat meal are 100% psychological, although those benefits can be substantial.
Clean and Jerk
10 x 1